Each year, when summer rolls around, we wait and watch as beauty brands everywhere launch their boldest and, for some, their best looks. Neon and pastel hues once again make their debut to our greatest delight. We haven’t entirely dipped our toes into summer yet (weather wise, we mean), but already the following 7 brands have us looking bright and beach ready.
- Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue Washable Mascara: Arguably one of the most iconic mascaras, which celebrated its 45th anniversary just last year, is shaking it up with a whole new hue of Royal Blue. Using the same lash-thickening brush and formula as the original, the blue comes in to play to brighten up your look and draw even more attention to your eyes than before. Can you say back and bluer than ever?! ($6)
- Essie Summer 2017 Collection: You may be cutting down on sweets this summer, but that doesn’t mean you can’t spoil your nails with some sugar. Essie’s latest collection, inspired by the patisseries of Paris, features a line-up of delectable shades from crystal white to candy red. We’re especially loving Baguette Me Not, a super-light lavender, and Fondant of You, a creamy orange with the slightest sparkle. The whole collection practically screams macaron dreams. ($9/each)
- Orly Coastal Crush Summer 2017 Collection: This selection of polishes are as bold and flirty as the Summer Fling(s) that inspired them. With names like Surfer Dude and Sea You Soon, and colors equally as daring, it’s impossible not to want to make the most of the passing months. A single swipe of one of these long-wearing shades and we’re sure you’ll be living each summer day to its fullest. Because hey, No Regrets, right? ($9/each)
- Urban Decay Basquiat Collection: What incredible timing of this Urban Decay Jean-Michel Basquiat collection since one of his iconic, graffiti-style artworks just sold for a whopping $110.5 million. The Eye Liners come in lime green, azure blue, and copper– shades that are frequently found within his work– while the Eyeshadow Palette, complete with different hues of pink, green, and blue, is wrapped in a mini canvas reproduction of one of Basquiat’s many collages. And we’re thinking $39 is slightly more on budget anyways. ($17-$165)
- Dr. Dana 9-Free Nail Color: Not only are these polishes named __after total girl bosses like Gayle King and Kelly Ripa, but they also give back to their charity of choice. On top of that, they were formulated by dermatologist, nail specialist, and fellow girl boss, Dr. Dana Stern, without damaging chemicals such as formaldehyde that are so often found in competing polishes. And, to really bring this full circle, the wear is impeccable– we went more than a week without a single chip! ($18/each)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Ink Eye Liner: This liner is truly untouchable in both color and stay. It claims to have 24-hour wear and we really wouldn’t argue with that– this stuff is tough! The colors range from classics like black and brown to bolder looks of yellow, purple, and blue and it comes in 4 different finishes– matte, metallic, satin, and shimmer. Plus, the felt tip applicator makes it super easy to ‘wing’ it! ($24)
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored With a Twist: Get it while you still can because this collectible collaboration is one you won’t want to miss out on. Three shades of the fan-favorite Enamored Hi-Shine Gloss Lip Lacquer, French Tickler, Pink Steam, and Want Me?, all inside a limited-edition makeup bag illustrated by Julie Verhoeven. Sounds like a work of art we should all be investing in! ($54)