An East Dunbartonshire smokehouse is recalling batches of smoked fish products from supermarkets over food poisoning concerns.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) said the recall involved smoked halibut, trout and salmon from Kirkintilloch-based Campsie Glen Smokehouse.
FSA added there were concerns over the procedures the company had in in place to control Clostridium botulinum.
The botulinum toxin may cause the botulism form of food poisoning.
The batches being recalled are 100g packs of Campsie Glen Smokehouse Smoked Halibut, Campsie Glen Smokehouse Trout and Campsie Glen Smokehouse Smoked Salmon.
The “use-by” dates are 6 April, 11 April, 13 April and 27 April.
The batch codes are: 2063, 2064, 2065, 2066, 2067, 2069, 2070 and 2071. Some of these codes may have the letter I, H or L at the end, FSA said.
No other Campsie Glen Smokehouse products are known to be affected.
In a statement, FSA said: “If you have bought one of the above products, do not eat it. Instead, return it to the store where it was bought from for a full refund.”
It added: “Although no trace of the toxin has been found in products tested, a recall from customers is being carried out as a precautionary measure.”