Palo Alto, Calif. (PRESS RELEASE – March 1, 2010) – HP today introduced the HP Elite 7100 Business Desktop PC, a high-performance desktop designed for small businesses that require easy set-up, improved security and flexibility.
“Savvy small business owners are choosing the latest PC technology to enhance their productivity and keep ahead of the competition,” said Alan Reed, vice president and general manager, Desktop PCs, HP. “The HP Elite 7100 is a performance workhorse that is easy to use so customers can focus on their business, not their IT.”
The HP Elite 7100 Business Desktop PC delivers maximized performance for enhanced multimedia creation and demanding multitasking because it is equipped with the latest Intel® Coreâ„¢ i3, i5 and i7 processors(1)and the Intel H57 Express chipset.
Built in protection
Ideal for small businesses with limited IT support, the HP Elite 7100 includes HP ProtectTools for Small Business, a suite of security tools designed to help small businesses protect critical business assets and reduce time and money spent resolving security breaches. HP ProtectTools modules, located in the PC’s HP ProtectTools Security Manager console, include:
– Device Access Manager – controls ports, readable drives and removable storage devices to prevent unauthorized users from transferring or removing data.
– Credential Manager – offers single-sign-on functionality and automatic password storage and protection.
– File Sanitizer – permanently deletes individual files, folders and personal identifiable information from users’ desktop.(2)
The HP Elite 7100 also includes network security tools for protection against viruses and malware, including Norton Online Backup from Symantec, used to safeguard data stored on networked PCs by automatically backing up files to one secure location,(3,4) and Mozilla Firefox for HP Virtual Solutions, which includes a built-in reset function when browsing the internet to protect PC from malicious content.(4)
To protect users from PC theft, the HP Elite 7100 comes with a HP Chassis Lock(5) and optional Kensington MicroSaver Security Cable Lock.(5)
Communication and collaboration
The HP Connect Solutions (4) software suite, available for download, is designed and priced to offer small and medium businesses (SMBs) personal, efficient and professional communication, storage and collaboration solutions. The suite includes HP Virtual Rooms, which enables users to remotely connect to co-workers and customers, saving travel time and money. More information about this and other HP Connect Solutions for small businesses is available at www.hp.com/go/connectsolutions.
Flexible configurations can expand at the speed of business
The HP Elite 7100 offers flexible configurations that can be tailored to suit specific business needs, including a choice of pre-installed Windows® operating systems, up to 16 gigabytes (GB) of memory,(6) up to a one-terabyte (TB) hard drive,(7) a variety of optical drives and an optional Solid State Drive. The desktop also includes an array of bays and ports for expandable flexibility and the option for RAID 1 mirroring array with two hard drives that mirror data in real-time for reliable data protection.
For high-quality data and image support, the HP Elite 7100 offers an SATA DVD-ROM drive, SATA SuperMulti LightScribe DVD writer drive(8) and optional HP SATA Blu-ray Writer(9) for professional-quality DVD burning and labelling. A 22-in-1 Media Card Reader enables easy transfer of photos, files and videos to a PC from various types of memory cards, and VGA and DVI-D connectors allow users to view multiple documents or programs at the same time.
The HP Elite 7100 Elite Business PC is designed with environmentally- conscious businesses in mind and can be configured with power supplies that deliver up to 85 percent power efficiency, for ENERGY STAR® qualification.
Services and support dedicated to SMBs
Small and medium businesses can take advantage of a full portfolio of small business HP services and support tools for quick remote servicing, extended warranties, and troubleshooting. The portfolio includes HP Total Care, HP Virtual Support Room, HP Care Pack Services,(10) HP Support Assistant, HP Advisor and HP Online Classes.
Pricing and availability(11)
The HP Elite 7100 Desktop PC is expected to be available in the United States on March 1 with a starting price of $699.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See www.intel.com/info/em64t for more information. Dual Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers will necessarily benefit from the use of this technology. Maximum memory capacities assume 64-bit operating systems. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(2) For the use cases outlined in the DOD 5220.22-M Supplement.
(3) A free 30-day trial of Norton Online Backup comes preinstalled on HP PCs with 5 GB of storage. A 25GB online storage plan can be purchased for $39.99, a 20 percent savings, until Dec. 31, 2009. Details are available at www.norton.com/hpnoel/en/other4. Offer valid in the United States and Canada.
(4) Internet access required; sold separately
(5) Sold separately or as an optional feature
(6) Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
(7) GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 8GB (for XP and XP Pro), up to 12GB (for Vista) and up to 16GB (for Windows 7) of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
(8) Don’t copy copyright-protected materials. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer is a new technology. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media. LightScribe creates a monochrome image. LightScribe media required and sold separately.
(9) Blu-Ray is a new format containing new technologies; certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC. Don’t copy copyright-protected materials.
(10) Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location. Restrictions and limitations apply. Service starts at date of hardware purchase. For details, visit www.hp.com/go/carepack.
(11) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are registered trademarks of Intel Corp. in the United States and other countries. Windows is a U.S. registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government.
This news advisory contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2009. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2010 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth inn the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be constructed as constructing an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.